David has been in IT since 1983 and is a Senior Technical Writer. He specialises in documenting As-Built (As-Is) and IT Development/Integration projects. David can also assist with Pre-Sales Marketing, Training and some Solutions Architecture and “Reverse” Technical BA.
David has his own company – Artwill Services Pty Ltd – through which he has had many successful Technical Writing client engagements over recent years, including:
- Toll IPEC (twice)
- Ericsson (twice)
- Hitachi Data Systems (HDS)
- WSP Digital
- Intralot Gaming Services
- Instra Corporation
- Space-Time Research
- Media Links Australia
A quick summary of David’s product skills includes:
- MS Office (Macro and User Function level)
- Very good understanding of SDLC
- Document creation, editing, re-writing and recovery
- Very good working understanding (hands on experience) with Linux, Windows, SQL, XML, Python, Networking, Powershell, VBA. Regex etc
- Images, video and audio (creation, editing, conversion)
- Practical skills in using – and documenting – Wikis, WordPress, Confluence, HTML, CSS.
David has more than 3 decades of Information Technology industry experience, supported by tertiary qualifications. He has a proven his ability to quickly pick up new and complex technologies and then document them for the required audience, at the appropriate level. Class material development – and teaching – follow naturally from this. His strong background in Technical Marketing allows him to lead in presenting ideas, key messages and support information in a suitable format.
Whilst David is a hands-on technical person, he really enjoys the creative side. He is regarded as an excellent presenter
The above is just an overview. You can find out more about how David puts the Technical in Technical Writer, by calling him on 0438 397 822